Slow Cooker Honey Lemon Chicken Tacos
Happy Cinco de Mayo! Whip up these tasty chicken tacos complete with a homemade citrusy marinade. Uncle Matt’s No Sugar Added Lemonade gives the perfect citrus spin on this slow cooked chicken. Serve on tortillas with your favorite toppings (hint: our Lemon Orange Salsa and Citrus Avocado Dressing are delish!) for citrusy tacos worth celebrating!
- 2 pounds organic boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp fajita seasoning
- 1 cup Uncle Matt’s No Sugar Added Lemonade
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup organic chicken stock
- 3 cloves organic minced garlic
- ½ tsp paprika
- Organic parsley for garnish
1. Add thawed chicken breasts to a 6-quart slow cooker.
2. In a separate bowl, stir together the fajita seasoning, lemonade, honey, chicken stock, garlic and paprika.
3. Pour the marinade over the chicken in the slow cooker.
4. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. You can also speed up the cooking by setting the slow cooker on high for 3-4 hours.
5. Once chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees, chop or shred the chicken.
6. Serve with tortillas and your favorite toppings.