Orange Creamsicle Baked Oatmeal
Ahh, another creamsicle! Bet you didn’t see this coming in baked oatmeal form. This recipe using Uncle Matt’s Organic Orange Juice is a perfec breakfast option to meal prep for those busy back-to-school mornings. Make this recipe your own by adding in chocolate chips, cinnamon, blueberries or cranberries to enjoy any time of year and keep the kiddos wanting more!
2 organic eggs
1/3 cup organic maple syrup
Zest 1 from one organic orange
½ cup Uncle Matt’s Organic Orange Juice
1 tbsp melted organic butter or coconut oil
¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
¼ tsp almond extract
2 cups organic old-fashioned oats
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
Orange Yogurt Topping:
2 tbsp organic plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
1 tbsp powdered sugar
1-2 tsp Uncle Matt’s Organic Orange Juice (to thin)
½ tsp orange zest
¼ tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×9 inch pan with oil or nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, maple syrup, zest, orange juice, butter, almond milk, vanilla extract and almond extract.
3. Add the oats, baking powder and salt to the bowl of wet ingredients and mix until combined.
4. Pour the mixture into the pan and smooth out the top. Bake for 40-55 minutes or until the edges are browning and the middle is set. Remove from the oven to cool while you make the orange glaze.
5. In a small bowl, mix together the Greek yogurt, powdered sugar, orange juice, zest and vanilla. Adjust orange juice as necessary. Drizzle glaze over the top of the oatmeal. Slice and serve!