Cranberry Orange Brussels Sprouts
Wondering what makes the perfect Thanksgiving feast even more delish? We believe it’s Uncle Matt’s Organic orange juice! No, it’s not for sipping at the dinner table, but it’s the secret ingredient that adds an extra layer of flavor to beloved Thanksgiving classics like brussels sprouts. When blended with vibrant organic cranberries, this side dish might become a new favorite addition to your holiday dinner spread.
· 1 1/2 pounds organic Brussels sprouts
· 1/3 cup Uncle Matt’s Organic Orange Juice
· 2 teaspoons organic orange zest
· 2 tablespoons organic olive oil
· 2 teaspoons honey or organic agave
· Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
· 1/2 cup dried organic cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut off the brown ends of the brussels sprouts and remove any discolored leaves. Cut the sprouts in half if they are large sprouts. If you have small sprouts you can leave them whole.
- In a large bowl, whisk together orange juice, orange zest, olive oil, and honey. Add the brussels sprouts to the bowl and toss until they are well coated. Pour them on a large baking pan and season with salt and black pepper. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Shake the pan from time to time to brown the sprouts evenly.
- Put the brussels sprouts in a large bowl and add the dried cranberries. Stir and serve immediately.