Uncle Matt’s Organic Orange Chili
We put our tangy twist on this comfort food classic with a hit of Uncle Matt’s Organic Orange Juice! The citrus enhances the rich spices and brings out a subtle sweetness in each savory bite. Cozy up with a bowlful of rich organic goodness during these crisp fall evenings.
- 1 ½ cups Uncle Matt’s Organic Orange Juice
- 1 ½ lb. Organic ground beef
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 4 tbsp. organic olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup organic red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup organic green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup organic onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. organic jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp. organic chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp. organic chili powder
- 1 tbsp. organic onion powder
- 2 tsp. organic garlic powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 (20-oz.) can organic diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. fresh organic oregano
- 1 tbsp. organic chipotle peppers, seeded, chopped (optional)
- 1 14oz can organic pinto beans
- 2 cups shredded organic cheddar cheese
- 1 cup organic sour cream
1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and ground beef and season with salt and pepper.
2. Brown meat until cooked through, then remove from skillet and set aside.
3. In a large pot over medium heat, place the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, red and green peppers, onion, jalapeño, and garlic.
4. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes until onions are tender. Add chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and cumin and cook for 1 to 2 more minutes.
5. Add tomatoes, Uncle Matt’s Organic Orange Juice, oregano, chipotle peppers (optional), pinto beans and orange zest. Cook over medium-low heat for 45 minutes.
6. Serve chili in bowls and top with cheddar cheese and sour cream.