Uncle Matt’s Halloween Popsicles
Double, double toil and trouble! Double the organic goodness in this Halloween sweet with two Uncle Matt’s Organic juices – Superfruit Punch and Ultimate Defense! These popsicles are fun to make in the kitchen with your little witches and wizards this time of year. The kiddos might even come home from trick-or-treating and want a popsicle instead of candy, too!
- 2 cups Uncle Matt’s Organic Superfruit Punch
- 2 tablespoons spirulina powder
- 2 cups Uncle Matt’s Organic Ultimate Defense
- 1/3 cup organic blackberries, gently cut into small pieces (optional)
- In a large jar, thoroughly mix together the Superfruit Punch and spirulina.The color should be quite dark but won’t be completely black.
- Pour one tablespoon of Ultimate Defense into the bottom of each ice pop mold. Place the top of the mold on and insert popsicle sticks. Make sure the popsicle sticks are in the juice. If they don’t reach the juice, add more until they do. Freeze until solid, at least 30 minutes. Remove the mold from the freezer and remove the lid. Pour a tablespoon of Superfruit Punch juice mixture over the orange layer, working quickly so the orange layer does not begin to melt. Drop 2-3 pieces of blackberry into the liquid black layer. Return the mold the the freezer (lid does not need to be on). Freeze until solid, at least 30 minutes. Pour a tablespoon of the Ultimate Defense over the black layer and freeze. Continue in this fashion until the molds are full, keeping the juices in the refrigerator while freezing layers. Leave in the freezer until ready to serve!