Roasted Pumpkin Seeds with Ginger & Orange
Carving pumpkins this weekend ahead of Halloween? Don’t toss out those pumpkin guts! Roasted pumpkin seeds are not only delicious, but they’re also packed with vital nutrients like Vitamin K, manganese, zinc and phosphorous! With a little Uncle Matt’s Organic OJ added in too, this is a super snack with no spooky ingredients! Mom and kiddo approved!
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons Uncle Matt’s Organic Orange Juice
- 2 tablespoons organic olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh organic ginger
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh organic orange zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced organic chives
1. Carefully wash pumpkin seeds to remove all excess pulp. Transfer pumpkin seeds to a paper towel–lined rimmed baking sheet. Allow to rest at room temperature until completely dry, about 1 hour. To speed up the process, dry pumpkin seeds in a 200°F oven, stirring occasionally, or use a hair dryer.
2. In a large bowl, combine olive oil and orange juice with grated ginger and orange zest. Set aside.
3. Adjust oven rack to center position and preheat oven to 325°F. Toss dried pumpkin seeds with ginger-orange oil and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet. Roast until pale golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes total.
4. When seeds have cooled, transfer to a serving bowl, toss with minced chives, and serve.