Frozen Strawberry Lemonade Pie
A summer pie, but no baking required! Uncle Matt’s Organic No Sugar Added Strawberry Lemonade shines in this frozen treat. It’s tart, sweet and made with fresh organic strawberries for the ultimate dessert perfect for the hottest summer days. The littles will be asking for this instead of ice cream in no time!
For the crust:
1 ½ cups organic almond flour
¼ cup organic sugar (or preferred sweetener alternative)
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup organic salted butter
For the filling:
½ cup organic sugar (or preferred sweetener alternative)
1/3 cup Uncle Matt’s Organic Strawberry Lemonade
1 organic egg yolk
4 organic eggs
¾ cup chopped organic strawberries
Zest of one organic lemon
½ tsp lemon extract
1 cup organic whipping cream
1. For the crust, whisk together almond flour, sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in the melted butter until the mixture starts to clump together.
2. Press the almond flour mixture into a 9-inch pie pan to form the crust on the bottom and sides of the pan. Put the crust in the freezer while you make the filling.
3. Add strawberries, sugar, lemon extract and strawberry lemonade to a blender and puree until smooth.
4. In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, combine the egg yolk and eggs. Whisk for 7-10 minutes until thickened and mixture reaches a temperature of 160 degrees.
5. Remove from heat and whisk in the strawberry puree. Allow to cool to room temperature.
6. In a separate bowl, beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Then fold in the strawberry egg mixture and lemon zest until no streaks are visible.
7. Pour the filling into the cooled crust and return to the freezer to set for at least 6 hours before slicing and serving.