Cranberry Orange Crispy Bars
Looking for something festively fun and simple to do with all those cranberries you bought to celebrate the season? We have the ultimate kid pleaser! You won’t be able to keep the kiddos out of the kitchen once they taste these citrusy cranberry rice crispy bars. Made with all organic ingredients, these are treats you can serve the little ones with peace of mind.
- 3 tablespoons organic butter
- 1 bag (10 oz.) organic mini marshmallows
- zest from one medium organic orange
- 2 tablespoons Uncle Matt’s Organic orange juice
- 6 cups organic crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup dried organic cranberries, chopped
1. Coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
2. Melt the butter over low heat in a 5-quart or larger saucepan. Add the marshmallows and stir. Let the marshmallows melt completely, stirring occasionally. Add the orange zest and juice, and stir to combine. Remove from the heat.
3. Pour in the rice cereal and dried cranberries, and stir until well combined and completely coated with the marshmallow mixture.
4. Spread the mixture into the prepared dish. Push the cereal mixture down evenly with greased hands or a spatula. Allow the cereal mixture to cool completely and set, about 2 hours.
5. Just before serving, cut into 2-inch squares.