Want to know more about our products?
Read on below for answers to commonly asked questions.
Do you have a question we’ve not answered here? Feel free to contact us by clicking below or call us at 833-SAYUNCLE / (833) 729-8625. We’d love to hear from you.
The USDA National Organic Program (NOP) defines organic as follows:
Organic food is produced by farmers who emphasize the use of renewable resources and the conservation of soil and water to enhance environmental quality for future generations. Organic meat, poultry, eggs, and dairy products come from animals that are given no antibiotics or growth hormones. Organic food is produced without using most conventional pesticides; fertilizers made with synthetic ingredients or sewage sludge; bioengineering; or ionizing radiation. Before a product can be labeled “organic,” a Government-approved certifier inspects the farm where the food is grown to make sure the farmer is following all the rules necessary to meet USDA organic standards. Companies that handle or process organic food before it gets to your local supermarket or restaurant must be certified, too.
In fact, we are the first juice company in the world to be certified Glyphosate Residue Free by the Detox Project.
To learn more visit: https://detoxproject.org/
Our allergen program covers the Big 8 Allergens (Wheat, Milk, Eggs, Soy, Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Fish, Shellfish). These foods account for about 90% of all food allergies in the United States and must be declared on any processed food according to the federal food allergen labeling act.
In accordance with our active corporate allergen policy, we store and use the Big 8 allergens in a very controlled manner.
- Within our storage warehouse, we label for allergen status and separate ingredients to prohibit cross-contamination.
- Production runs at each plant are organized by an Allergen Matrix. The Allergen Matrix includes all the ingredients and the allergens they contain. This ensures that allergen-containing products are run only after non-allergen containing products, protecting the immediate subsequent product from contamination risk.
- All line equipment is thoroughly cleaned after each allergen-containing item is run. All lines are subject to a preoperational inspection prior to startup by the quality department and ATP swabs are used to validate cleaning. Once per year, an allergen verification using swab samples is done on the production line.
- At least annually a complete assessment of all ingredients used at the facility is conducted to identify potential sources of food allergens and a list of those ingredients is maintained.
- We undergo annual third party audits, which inspect and review our allergen policy.
We are in compliance with all food labeling laws, including the labeling of allergens. Our allergen program minimizes the potential for cross-contamination within our production facilities.
We are now having to supplement our U.S. orange juice with organic supply from Mexico. It’s the first time in our history that we’ve had to take action like this. Because we, along with the entire Florida citrus industry, have been affected by citrus greening disease, and because of the recent freezes to California citrus, we must go outside the U.S. for additional orange juice supply.
Rest assured our Mexican partners are USDA certified and must legally adhere to the same strict USDA standards that we abide by at Uncle Matt’s Organic. However, Uncle Matt’s Organic remains committed to local sourcing and still uses a vast majority of USA-sourced oranges for our delicious organic OJ. Our goal is still to source all USA oranges and our OJ will return to being fully USA sourced as soon as conditions allow.
By supporting organic farmers, you are helping companies create a more sustainable future.
And, by buying organic, you can feel good about the fact that you are promoting a much cleaner method for producing food that is healthy for you, your family and the planet.
As part of our mission and to further underscore our pledge to consumers, we’ve added a “no flavor packets” sticker to our line of 100 percent organic, great-tasting citrus juices. While Uncle Matt’s Organic has never used flavor packets in our orange juice, the new label will help make it easier for consumers to make informed purchasing decisions.
FAQs: GANEDEN BC30
- The trademarked name for the patented strain of probiotic bacteria, Bacillus coagulans GBI-30, 6086
- An ingredient in foods, beverages and supplements
- Safe – It’s NOT a drug – as per our FDA GRAS affirmation
- Clinically studied and supported by over 20 peer reviewed, published papers
- Calorie and gluten-free
- Organic Compliant
- Kosher and halal
- A sustainable, naturally occurring, non-GMO ingredient – no “engineering” here
- Used as an ingredient, ONLY to provide added health benefits to consumers. GanedenBC30 will not change the composition or taste of any product
Safety Assessment Of A Proprietary Preparation Of A Novel Probiotic, Bacillus Coagulans, As A Food Ingredient
Food and Chemical Toxicology, 2009; 47: 1231–1238
J.R. Endresa, A. Clewella, K.A. Jadea, T. Farberb, J. Hauswirthc A.G. Schaussa
One-Year Chronic Oral Toxicity With Combined Reproduction Toxicity Study Of A Novel Probiotic, Bacillus Coagulans, As A Food Ingredient
Food and Chemical Toxicology Article in Press
J.R. Endresa, I. Qureshia, T. Farberb, J. Hauswirthc, G. Hirkad, I. Pasicsd, A.G. Schaussa
GanedenBC30 is the only bacillus that the FDA has reviewed for safety.
GanedenBC30 is the only bacillus that has been the subject of over 20 studies published in peer reviewed journals—which means experts have reviewed the results of the studies.
GanedenBC30 is the only bacillus that has been endorsed by Dr. Mehmet Oz, Dr. Michael Roizen, Dr. Andrew Weil.
In peer reviewed, published clinical studies, GanedenBC30 has been shown to support digestive and immune health, which can become compromised by many factors including travel, poor diet and lack of sleep. These conditions can decrease the levels of good bacteria found in the gut where over 70% of your immune cells reside.