Uncle Matt’s Lemon Sorbet
Did someone say summertime? Mix up your Memorial Day Weekend plans with this tart and tasty lemon sorbet made from Uncle Matt’s Organic No Sugar Added Lemonade. These can be made as family-friendly treats or in a boozy adult frozen version (just add your favorite liquor!). Whatever your style, serve your sorbet in a lemon cup for the that picture perfect photo factor!
- 1 ½ cups honey
- 1 cup water
- Zest from 4 organic lemons (save the lemon peels!)
- 1 ½ cups Uncle Matt’s Organic No Sugar Added Lemonade
- 1 tablespoon vodka *omit if making non-alcoholic version
- Add zest, honey and water to a sauce pan and warm over medium heat. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes before removing from heat to cool.
- Add lemonade to the cooled syrup mixture and stir. Pour over a fine mesh strainer to remove the larger chunks of zest.
- If using vodka, add it to the bowl next.
- Pour mixture into a shallow dish and place in the freezer. Use a fork to scrape the mixture every hour until mixture is frozen.
- Once the sorbet is frozen, scoop and serve in a hollowed half of a lemon peel.