Paloma Shrimp Power Bowl
Rice bowls are so trendy — and healthy — right now, and we’re here for it! Made with fresh shrimp and Uncle Matt’s Organic Grapefruit Juice, this is a bowl that packs a protein punch in addition to being delicious! Try it for your whole fam!
- 1 lb raw sustainably sourced shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cooked organic brown rice
- 15-ounce can organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 organic avocado, sliced
- 4 cups organic purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 pint organic grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons organic red onion, minced
- ¼ cup organic cilantro, chopped
- 2 organic limes, cut into wedges
- Salt and pepper to taste
Grapefruit Paloma Vinaigrette:
- ¾ cup Uncle Matt’s Organic Grapefruit Juice
- 2 organic limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons organic olive oil
- 1 tablespoon raw organic honey
- 1 organic garlic clove, grated
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cracked black pepper
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients.
Add the cabbage to a bowl. Pour ¼ cup of vinaigrette over the cabbage and toss to combine. Set aside until ready to serve.
Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat. Add the shrimp along with a couple of tablespoons of vinaigrette to the pan. Sear for 3-5 minutes until the shrimp are bright pink and cooked through. Remove the shrimp from the pan. Wipe the pan clean.
To the same pan, add the rest of the vinaigrette, grape tomatoes and red onion. Simmer the tomatoes in the liquid until slightly soft, just a few minutes. Remove the tomatoes from the pan and pour the vinaigrette in a jar for serving.
To assemble the power bowls, add a scoop of brown rice and beans to the bottom of a bowl. Top with the marinated cabbage, tomatoes and cooked shrimp. Drizzle with leftover vinaigrette for added flavor. Garnish with avocado slices, cilantro and a lime wedge.
Source: FitLiving Eats