Organic Grapefruit Squares
Lemon squares but make them grapefruit! If you love the sweet and tart taste of Uncle Matt’s Organic Grapefruit Juice, you’re sure to love this spin on a dessert classic. Featuring the soft crust and creamy curd textures of traditional lemon squares, the grapefruit flavor takes this sweet treat to a new level. And who can resist the natural, pink color of these delish delights?
- 1 cup organic all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup organic powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup organic butter
- 1 ½ cups organic granulated sugar
- ¼ cup organic all-purpose flour
- 4 large organic eggs
- 1 tablespoon organic grapefruit zest (optional)
- 1 cup Uncle Matt’s Organic Grapefruit Juice
1. Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add all the ingredients for the crust to a food processor. Mix well until the ingredients start to crumb together, then press the crumb mixture to create a bottom layer in the baking dish. Bake the crust for 20 minutes.
3. Prepare the filling while the crust is baking. Mix the sugar and flour in a bowl. Whisk eggs into the sugar/flour mixture one at a time. Once the eggs are mixed in, add in Uncle Matt’s Organic Grapefruit Juice and optional grapefruit zest. Mix well.
4. When the crust is finished baking, pour the grapefruit filling mixture on top of the crust. Bake for another 20 minutes. Adjust cooking time as needed to ensure filling becomes firm.
5. Allow the grapefruit squares to cool completely on the counter once baking is finished. Then refrigerate for about 2 hours to serve the squares cold. Once the dish is cold, slice into squares, top with a little more organic powered sugar if desired and serve!