Orange Turmeric Margarita
On the rocks or frozen? Either way, you’ll love the spicy twist on this bartender classic. Turmeric and cayenne pepper add an earthy flair to offset the sweetness in this round of margs! Sip the savory flavors and enjoy!
1 tbsp pink Himalayan salt
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp organic orange zest
2 cups Uncle Matt’s Organic pulp-free Orange Juice
1 tsp turmeric
2 tbsp organic honey
2 tbsp hot water
3 organic limes, 2 juiced and 1 for garnish
8 oz tequila
2 cups ice
4 sprigs mint
On the rocks:
1. To a shallow dish, add salt, cayenne and zest and mix to combine. Dampen rims of serving glasses and dip rims into the salt mixture to coat.
2. To a small bowl, add turmeric, honey and hot water. Stir to dissolve.
3. Make margarita: In a cocktail shaker or pint glass, stir together orange juice, lime juice, tequila and turmeric-honey mixture.
4. Fill serving glasses with ice. Pour margarita mixture over ice and garnish with lime slices and mint.
Complete steps 1 and 2 the same as above.
3. Make margarita: Add orange juice, lime juice, tequila, turmeric-honey mixture and ice to a blender. Blend until a slushie consistency.
4. Pour slushie mixture into glasses. Garnish with lime slices and mint.