Orange Hot Chocolate
If there’s one beverage that goes hand in hand in with the holiday season and cooler months, it’s hot chocolate! While regular or spiked hot chocolate is tasty when made traditionally, we’ve elevated this beverage with a subtle citrus infusion brought to you by Uncle Matt’s OJ. It’s no secret that orange and chocolate make a great pair, so why not warm them up for a feel good, festive treat?
· 1 tbsp organic hot chocolate powder
· 3 oz almond milk (or preferred plant-based milk)
· 2 oz Uncle Matt’s Organic pulp free Orange Juice
· 1 slice of organic Florida orange for garnish
· 4 oz gin (optional for spiked hot chocolate)
Add almond milk and orange juice to a saucepan over medium heat. Once warmed, whisk in hot chocolate powder until combined. Let the mixture simmer for about three minutes before pouring into a mug. If making spiked hot chocolate, add gin to the mug and stir. Garnish with a fresh organic orange slice and enjoy!