Orange Ginger Cookies
These Orange Ginger cookies are perfect for sharing or taking to your next holiday gathering, or just make an extra batch for yourself because you’ll surely want more! With organic ginger, cloves and Uncle Matt’s OJ, these cookies are a holiday fave!
2 1/4 Cups all purpose organic flour
2 Tsp ground organic ginger
1 Tsp ground organic cinnamon
1/2 Tsp ground organic cloves
1/2 Tsp nutmeg
1/4 Tsp kosher salt
1 Tsp baking soda
3/4 Cup organic butter, softened
1 Cup granulated sugar, plus 2 Tbsp sugar for coating
1 large organic egg
2 Tbsp Uncle Matt’s Organic Orange Juice
1/4 Cup molasses
2 Tbsp Orange Zest
Optional: White chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Sift together the first 7 ingredients and then set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix cream together butter and 1 cup of sugar until light and fluffy (about 1-2 minutes) with hand or stand mixer.
4. Add egg to the creamed butter mixture and beat another minute until combined.
5. Add molasses, orange zest and Uncle Matt’s Organic Orange juice and combine. Add white chocolate chips if desired.
6. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet until they are all incorporated. Chill the dough for one hour.
7. Shape dough into 1-inch balls then roll them in the remaining 2 tbsp of sugar.
8. Place the balls on a parchment lined cookie sheet and slightly flatten using the palm of your hands (make sure cookies are placed about 2 inches away from each other since they will widen when baking.)
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
10. Cool and serve.