Mixed Veggie Hash with Eggs
Protein-packed and bursting with all the brightest veggies at the market, this one-skillet hash will become your trusty go-to for brunch! Pair it with a nice cold glass Uncle Matt’s and your guests will be instantly impressed.
1 tbsp organic avocado oil
1 tsp organic cumin seeds
½ tsp organic ground coriander
½ tsp organic ground mustard seed
½ tsp organic smoked paprika
2 organic garlic cloves, minced
1 organic red onion, chopped
2 organic bell peppers, chopped
1 large organic turnip, peeled and chopped
Sea salt and black pepper
7 oz organic beets, cleaned and diced (about 8 beets)
1 cup organic baby spinach
3 large organic eggs
½ organic avocado, sliced
½ organic radish, thinly sliced
½ cup organic cilantro
½ organic Fresno chile sliced (optional)
Chili flakes (optional)
Orange wedge, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat avocado oil over medium heat. Toast the cumin seeds and spices until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add garlic, turnips, onions and bell peppers to the skillet, season with salt and pepper, and cook until tender, about 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in beets and spinach and make a three nests within the mixture for the eggs. Crack the eggs into each nest.
- Place whole skillet in the oven to cook eggs, about 15 minutes.
- Top eggs with chili flakes and add sliced avocado to skillet.
- Finish skillet with sliced fresno chiles, radish, cilantro and lime.