Kale Citrus Salad
This kale salad will have all of your guests wondering what the secret is… it’s that good! Featuring Uncle Matt’s Organic Orange Juice, it’s the perfect salad for your weekend brunch or small get together. Add some organic chicken to make it a complete meal!
- 2 bunches organic kale, leaves torn off the stalks
- 1/4 cup Uncle Matt’s Organic orange juice
- 2 tablespoons organic olive oil
- 1 teaspoon organic sugar
- 1 clove organic garlic, pressed or grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 heaping tablespoon organic sour cream or organic plain Greek yogurt
- 3 organic tangerines, organic mandarins or organic clementines (or 1 organic orange), peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 ounces organic goat cheese (chevre)
- 1/3 cup dried organic cranberries
- 1/3 cup sliced organic raw almonds
- Optional: 3-4 oz grilled organic chicken
Grab bunches of the kale leaves and use a sharp knife to thinly slice them. Keep going until you have a big pile of finely shredded kale.
To make the dressing, combine the orange juice, olive oil, sugar, garlic and some salt and pepper in a small jar. Shake vigorously until combined, then add the sour cream or yogurt and shake again until it’s nice and creamy.
Toss the kale in half the dressing for a minute or so, then add the citrus pieces, almonds and cranberries. Toss again until combined. Add a little more dressing if it needs it. (Extra dressing can be stored in the fridge and used for any salad.)
At the last minute, break the goat cheese into chunks with a fork and toss it into the salad. Serve.
Tip: Want to make this a full protein packed meal? Add 3-4 oz grilled chicken and you’re good to go!
Original recipe inspired by Food Network, Ree Drummond.