Egg & Spinach Sauté with Fresh Herbs
Tantalize your tastebuds with this herbaceous blend of fresh parsley, cilantro and dill sautéed with spinach and softly poached eggs! This breakfast sauté is finished with greek yogurt for a smooth tang you’ll enjoy with each bite. Serve with a glass of Uncle Matt’s Organic for a crave-worthy meal worth making every weekend. #Recipe link in bio.
- 1/2 bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1/2 small bunch fresh dill
- 2 1/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1¼ tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
- 3 cups frozen spinach
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 1/2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Roughly tear the parsley, cilantro and dill, stems included.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat and add onion slices. Cook until brown and some pieces slightly crispy, about 7 minutes. Add garlic, turmeric, and one-half of salt; stir until fragrant, about 20-30 seconds.
- Add spinach, fresh herbs, remaining one-half of salt, all of black pepper and water. Cook, stirring, until spinach thaws and herbs are wilted and aromatic, about 5 minutes. Add lime juice and cook 30 seconds.
- Using a large spoon, create 4 nests in spinach mixture. Crack an egg into each nest and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Gently stir through eggs to break up the yolks. Spoon Greek yogurt over spinach.
- Remove from heat while eggs are still soft. Sprinkle red pepper flakes over top, and garnish with fresh leftover herbs.