Dairy-Free Orange Chocolate Chip Pancakes
These Dairy-Free Orange Chocolate Chip Pancakes will satisfy your sweet tooth and are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or everyone’s favorite: breakfast for dinner! These delicious pancakes are made with Uncle Matt’s Organic OJ, dairy free chocolate chips and no fake ingredients. Yum!
by Rachael Ng @sugaredandstirred
Makes 7 small pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose organic flour
- 2 tsp organic coconut sugar (or white granulated sugar)
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine organic sea salt
- 1/3 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 unsweetened organic almond milk
- 1/4 cup Uncle Matt’s Organic Orange Juice
- 1 large organic egg
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- zest from 1-2 organic oranges
1) In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips. Add in the almond milk, orange juice, egg, vanilla extract, and orange zest and gently whisk with a fork until totally combined. It’s okay if the batter looks a bit lumpy.
2) Heat a non-stick pan on medium-low heat. Spray the pan with olive oil. Once your pan is warmed up, you can begin making your pancakes.
3) Use a 1/3 cup measuring cup to scoop batter into the middle of your pan. Allow pancake to cook for 1-2 minutes or until bubbly and the edges look slightly done. Gently flip pancake and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Continue until all pancakes are cooked, spraying your pan with olive oil between each pancake.
4) Serve warm with your favorite vegan butter, maple syrup, and a glass of Uncle Matt’s Organic OJ! Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.