Citrus Kale Guacamole
Whether you’re socially distancing while tailgating, or “homegating” at home with family, our citrus kale guacamole is full of healthy fats as well as a secret ingredient… Uncle Matt’s OJ! Enjoy with grilled pita wedges, organic tortilla chips, or as a spread on toast. Trust us, you won’t be able to stop with just one bite! What’s more, this tasty organic guac makes a great after school snack, too!
- 4 large ripe organic avocados
- 1/2 cup chopped organic kale (blanched)
- 1/3 cup organic grapefruit pieces, chopped small (Don’t have a grapefruit? An organic orange will work, too!)
- 1/4 cup chopped organic cilantro, loosely packed
- 2 tablespoons seeded, thinly diced jalapeño
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 tbsp Uncle Matt’s Organic Orange Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- Remove stems from 1 or 2 kale leaves. Then, blanche in boiling water for 30-45 seconds to soften.
- Remove and place into ice cold water.
- Once cooled, remove kale leaves from water and allow to dry. Then finely chop and add to a separate bowl
- Finely chop organic cilantro.
- Add in grapefruit pieces, onion, jalapeño, Uncle Matt’s OJ, seasonings and avocados.
- Mash and stir until well combined.
- Taste and add more salt (and pepper) if desired
- Store or serve immediately!
Feeding a large crowd? Double the recipe!