Citrus Fish Cakes
Love crab cakes! Try these delish fish cakes with a healthier, citrus twist! Switch up your weeknight dinner go-to classics with these tasty fish cakes served alongside an arugula salad. Uncle Matt’s Organic Orange Juice provides the perfect citrus twist in these crab cakes and dipping sauce.
- 2 large fillets of Pacific cod (12 ounces)
- 1/2 cup Uncle Matt’s Organic Orange Juice
- ½ cup organic mayonnaise
- 2 cups Panko breadcrumbs, divided in half
- ¼ cup finely chopped organic green olives
- 2 organic green onions, finely chopped
- 1 organic egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp organic lemon juice
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- Organic olive oil for frying, about ½ cup
Bake the fish in a 350 degree oven in a glass baking dish with the orange juice until done, about 25 minutes. Allow the fish to cool then mash it in a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients, reserving half of the Panko breadcrumbs for breading and the oil for frying. Scoop the fish cake mix into balls and flatten, pressing into the remaining cup of Panko breadcrumbs. Fry the fish cakes in olive oil until they are golden brown on both sides and heated through.
- 1 cup organic mayonnaise
- ½ cup Uncle Matt’s Organic Orange Juice
Whisk together in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2½ tbsp organic extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Uncle Matt’s Organic Orange Juice
- 2 large handfuls organic arugula leaves
- 1 organic orange, peeled and cut in segments
- ¼ cup sliced organic almonds
- Red pepper flakes
To assemble a dish, place the fish cakes on a large plate. Toss the lettuce with the olive oil and orange juice. Place it on the plate with the oranges and almonds. Sprinkle all with red pepper flakes. Serve with orange mayonnaise for dipping.
Makes 12 cakes, serves 2-4.