Blueberry Orange Muffins
How do you celebrate #NationalBlueberryMuffinDay the Uncle Matt’s way? With blueberry orange muffins, of course! This citrusy spin on the beloved breakfast treat is bursting with flavor and satisfies every sweet tooth in the room.
- 1 3/4 cups organic all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated organic sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1/2 cup organic butter, softened
- 1/2 cup organic sour cream
- 1/4 cup Uncle Matt’s Organic Orange Juice (try using our Orange Light!)
- 2 tsp orange extract
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 3 to 4 cups fresh organic blueberries
- Course organic sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Line two 12-count medium sized muffin pans with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- Beat the butter in a large bowl until creamy and then add in the sugar. Cream together for 1-2 minutes. Add the organic eggs, sour cream and orange extract in. Beat for 1 minute.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Pour the dry mixture into the wet ingredients and mix on your lowest speed until the two are blended. Try not to over mix. Add in Uncle Matt’s Organic Orange Juice, fresh orange zest and blueberries.
- Carefully fold in ingredients with a rubber spatula until they are evenly mixed.
- Fill your muffin tin 3/4 of the way up for each muffin and pop them into the oven.
- Bake muffins for 5 minutes at 425°F, then reduce the temperature to 350°F degrees. Continue baking for 18-20 more minutes.
- Remove your muffins from the pans and place them on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, brush muffin tops with Uncle Matt’s Organic Orange Juice and sprinkle with coarse sugar.