Uncle Matt’s Chewy Granola Bars
Need a quick and nutritious snack or breakfast recipe? Try Uncle Matt’s Chewy Granola Bar that your kids can quickly grab as an afternoon snack or in the morning as they head out the door.
1/2 cup Uncle Matt’s Organic Orange Juice
2 cups old fashioned organic oats
2 cups puffed organic rice
1/2 cup organic pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup flax seed
1/2 cup chopped organic dates
1/2 cup dried organic cranberries
1/2 cup chopped dried organic apricots
1/4 cup packed organic brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1 organic egg, beaten well
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray a 13 by 9 inch cake pan lightly with non-stick spray, line the bottom and 2 sides of the pan with parchment paper, creating a sling to make granola easier to remove. Set aside.
3. Spread oats, puffed rice, pumpkin seeds and flax seeds on a baking sheet and toast in oven 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant. Remove to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
4. Decrease oven heat to 325 degrees F.
5. Place Uncle Matt’s Organic Orange Juice, dates, cranberries, apricots, brown sugar, honey, salt, and ginger into a medium saucepan.
6. Set over medium high heat and stir to break up the clumps of dates. Cook just until the sugar dissolves.
7. Remove from the heat, pour over the dry mixture and stir to combine well.
8. Add the beaten egg and stir to combine.
9. Transfer to the prepared cake pan and press evenly into the pan using a rubber spatula.
10. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until light golden brown.
11. Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting into squares or rectangles.
12. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.