Orange Turmeric Granola
This Orange Turmeric Granola is infused with organic turmeric for an anti-inflammatory healthy snack you’ll reach for time and time again. Enjoy this crunchy, citrus flavored granola with your breakfast or any time of day!
- 2 cups oats (certified gluten-free, if necessary)
- 1/4 cup Uncle Matt’s Organic OJ
- 1 cup organic shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup organic walnuts or pecans chopped
- 1-2 tsp organic turmeric (if you’re new to turmeric, go with 1 tsp)
- 1/2 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey (or maple syrup, for a vegan option)
- Zest of 2 organic oranges
- 1 tsp organic vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 300 and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a small mixing bowl, add oats, coconut, walnuts, turmeric and cinnamon and stir them together.
- In a small pot, over medium heat, add your coconut oil, honey and orange zest. Bring to a simmer and simmer for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla slowly along with Uncle Matt’s Organic orange juice.
- Pour your wet ingredients from your pot over the dry ingredients in your bowl and stir to combine. Pour your granola mixture onto your pan, and spread out in a thin, even layer.
- Bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes, or till the edges are just starting to color.
- While the granola cools it will get crunchy; let cool for 30 minutes.
- After cooling, crumble your granola up as much or as little as you like, depending on how small or big of granola clusters you prefer.
- Enjoy as a topper on yogurt, cereal, or just eat!
Stored in an airtight container, homemade granola should last 1-2 months.