Orange Poppyseed Chicken Salad
Need an easy weeknight meal that’s healthy, or are you looking for meal prep ideas? Check out this delish recipe for Orange Poppyseed Chicken Salad! It’s easy to make ahead and full of lean protein, healthy fats and is scrumptious to boot! Serve on a bed of greens or as a sandwich.
Orange Poppy Seed Dressing:
- 3/4 cup Uncle Matt’s Organic Orange Juice
- 1/2 cup plain organic Greek yogurt, or your favorite non-dairy yogurt
- 2 tbsp organic Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1/4 tsp organic garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 boneless, organic skinless chicken breasts (or about 4 cups cooked, shredded chicken/rotisserie chicken)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 stalks organic celery (about 1 1/2 cups), diced
- 4 organic green onions (about 1/2 cup), chopped
- 2/3 cup sliced organic almonds (optional)
- Heat oven to 375°F. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and put in a baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the center of the chicken breast reads 165° F and juices run clear. Remove from your oven and cool before shredding. (Skip this step if using precooked/rotisserie chicken.)
- In a bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the dressing. Put aside.
- Add shredded chicken, celery, green onions, and almonds (optional) to a large bowl. Add dressing, and gently stir to coat.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3-5 days.
- Serve on your favorite organic salad greens or as a sandwich with tomato, onion and lettuce!