Orange Beet Chicken Salad
- 2 organic beets, cooked and then sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced into small chunks
- 3 oz grilled organic chicken, chopped
- 4 oz baby organic spinach
- 1/2 cup cashews roasted
- 1/4 cup dried organic cranberries
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 1/4 cup organic olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons organic lemon juice freshly squeezed
In a salad bowl, combine baby spinach, sliced cooked beets, oranges, roasted cashews, grilled chicken and dried cranberries. (You can cook the beets by boiling them in water for about 20-30 minutes, letting them cool, peeling them, and then slicing them). Do not add goat cheese yet.
In a separate small bowl, combine salad dressing ingredients: olive oil, honey, lemon juice. Whisk until combined.
Pour the salad dressing over the beet salad, and mix. Do not add all of the salad dressing at once. Add just enough to coat the salad to your taste. Top your beet salad with crumbled goat cheese.