Orange Pomegranate Salad
Looking for a holiday salad that will wow your guests? This is IT. You’ll want to make this again and again, it’s so good. You can even add grilled chicken to make this salad a complete meal, but be prepared to share!
7-8 cups mixed organic greens
3 Uncle Matt’s Organic oranges
3/4 cup pomegranate seeds
1 Uncle Matt’s Organic Florida avocado, diced
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/3 cup sliced almonds
Juice from 1 large Uncle Matt’s Organic orange (around 4 tbsp), or sub in Uncle Matt’s Organic Orange Juice
3/4 – 1 teaspoon orange zest
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup organic olive oil
Pinch of ground pepper
Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- Wash and dry your organic greens.
- Peel the oranges and then cut into slices or smaller pieces. You can substitute clementines, but will need to increase the amount.
- Remove the peel and pit of the avocado.
- Toss the lettuce, oranges, pomegranate seeds, and avocado.
- In a small skillet over medium-low heat place the almonds. Stir constantly for a few minutes until lightly toasted. This is optional, but adds so much flavor.
- In a blender or food processor, blend all of the dressing ingredients together. The dressing will be runny, but it adheres to the lettuce really well! Increase the flavorings to personal preference – this may be a little more orange or perhaps some more honey…etc.
- If you are eating the salad right away, toss it with the dressing, toasted almonds, and feta cheese. Enjoy!
- If you are eating this salad later, store the dressing separately and toss right before eating. If the dressing is added too early it tends to get soggy and not taste so well. Add the almonds and feta with the dressing.
- The cayenne pepper is optional.